Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Directing traffic

Yes, I received that angry text. Oh, it was angry.  It was a hash-mash of hot mess, filled with accusations and blaming, hurt, and violence.

I had to sit there for a few minutes.  I wasn't angry back.  I wasn't anything.  I just needed to figure out how to get back to the actual topic at hand.  There is real art in that, directing the traffic back to normal flow.  

Where did that come from?  Has it been there this whole time? This ability to direct without anger. 

It's not my job to make you understand.  It's not my job to help you.  Is it the relief of that?  Is that why I'm just not anything?

What a lesson to learn, even this late in my life.  Thank you.

No comments:

The Only June Doe LIVE (sometimes)

Most times I'm just trying to climb back into the closet. I often can't find my way or my pants.