Sunday, February 05, 2006

My bathroom, this morning 2/5/2006

Forever completely fractured in ignorance, it is the geek that shall inherit the earth.

I wanted to write it down, I liked it, and I said it, and I didn't want to forget that I said it and can use it again.

There is always something comforting about mid-morning sun,
Past the violence of dawn break,
These minutes will not return again until tomorrow,
A full circle later that's not even really a complete circle...
it's circle-ish.

The light snuck in through cracks in the blinds to land on cold bathroom tile,
The promise of warmth without burning, without squinting in avoidance.

I couldn't believe how much I forget about this,
and how good it is to be in these moments.
So simple, just that.

It's free, and it happens every fucking day.

I touched one of the bathroom tiles in my shock and awe (the real kind),
the part were the sunlight lay making that blue so much brighter than the rest.

Have I not been in this bathroom a million times before?
I piss and crap in here every day.
I put on lip gloss, and deodorant in here, every single day.

My finger still, completely comforted.

then I hear the T.V. in the distance...

a report on the click of the steel gray pin coming out of the grenade laden vest,
seconds,
no one half of a second,
held in the right index finger and thumb,
of a suicide bomber.

No comments:

The Only June Doe LIVE (sometimes)

Most times I'm just trying to climb back into the closet. I often can't find my way or my pants.